Saturday, October 31, 2015

A Faithscripter Story


This was my column name at the university newspaper when I was in college. Basically, I came up with this since at that time I was quite new in my Christian walk and we were taught about scripting language such as javascript given that I was an IT student. So yeah, I took off java, replaced it with faith and used it in our newspaper. Though the name was simple as that, it was born out of the desire to serve God as a student journalist.

I wanted to share my faith and inspire others and being a part of the official university publication was an opportunity for me to do so. So even though I was given that column only at my last year when I became a feature editor, I grabbed the chance to write for His glory. Getting the spot for reflection section was a joy to me as well. I've never felt that my student life was fulfilling until the Lord used me through writing.

One of the most memorable things for me is when a canteen staff told me with a smile in her face that she was blessed with my column article as it struck her. Can no longer remember the exact words. It felt surreal that my writing has inspired someone. But I am still thankful to God. With the thousand others inside that university, I didn't know who else has read my writings and experienced the same but that is one my motivations why I continue to write even if no one seems to read. Who but God knows if the words I write travel to someone's heart... and even if no one really reads I still know in my heart that I write for the One who is worthy of the glory in all I do. And that is what matters most.

And so here my journey continues... 😊 
Post a Comment