Tuesday, January 5, 2016

Breath to The Dry Bones

"Then he said to me, 'Speak a prophetic message to these bones and say, 'Dry bones, listen to the word of the Lord! This is what the Sovereign Lord says: Look! I am going to put breath into you and make you live again! I will put flesh and muscles on you and cover you with skin. I will put breath into you, and you will come to life. Then you will know that I am the Lord.'" (Ezekiel 37:4-6 NLT)

In Ezekiel 37:1-10, we can read about the valley of dry bones where the Spirit of the Lord took the prophet Ezekiel. These bones were scattered on the valley's surface, lifeless and completely dried out. But then as the Lord commanded, Ezekiel spoke a prophetic message and they began to have sinews, flesh, and skin. There were no breath in them yet until he spoke again as instructed by the Lord and breath and life came upon them. There in that valley stood up a great army of dry bones that were brought back to life.

I can't imagine how dull and creepy the setting must have been as I think of scenes in some suspense movies involving bones of dead people. But what I know is that this biblical account is amazing and appealed greatly to my heart. Because I, myself, have dry bones in me that were awaiting for revival especially the time when I was once again stricken by depression.

Hope was almost dead. I've lost the passion I had in serving in my ministry, going to church, and even living my life. But I was desperate for the Lord. I knew what was going on and I didn't want it. I didn't want to lose my purpose, though my sense of purpose was dying. Joy was nowhere, so as peace.

I had many days and nights filled with tears, but so as desperate cries and weepings to the Lord. In that time amidst deep sorrow and anxiety, He heard my pleading and met me again. And just as He brought dry bones to life, His Word spoke to my heart and revived it's beating. Moment by moment, He breathed to all I have within that died and were dying. And what more, He restored my faith and gave me a life freer than it has ever been causing me again to praise His name for truly, He is Lord and He is good. He is the breath to my dry bones. His grace raised my calling and purpose from death. He never fails.

What areas in your life need revival?

Maybe, you lost your job, lost a loved one, struggling with mental or physical illness, experiencing rejection, stricken by bullying, at a failing marriage or relationship, suffering financially, emotionally ill, or battling with depression, etc. which causes you to lose sight of your life's purpose or direction. You might be in one of these valleys right now with all your dry bones— may it be hope, joy, love, trust, self-worth, commitment to ministry, life meaning, or whatever it is— lying down the surface... but believe that God can make those dry bones alive again. And more than that He is even able to take you off safely from that valley into the place He has prepared for you as you come humbly to His presence.

 How do we start? Admit to God that we need Him "now". Listen to His Word and see your dry bones come to life.
Post a Comment